About the artist
Watercolour and Ink
This bear is a composite of the many bears that I have seen during my lifetime of walking trails here in Squamish, BC and later when I lived in Smithers in Northern B.C. From the first time I saw a bear in the mid 1950’s, while walking on part of an old dyke in Squamish with my mum and little sister, I was fascinated. There are many myths about bears – some may be true and others, while holding space in our minds, are more mythical than true.
Having returned to live in Squamish a year ago I am pulled by the mythical energy of the mountains, the ocean and the creatures around us.
'BEAR Portrait' by Louise Kilby
ART + FRAME
Framed watercolour by watercolour artist Louise Kilby.
- Outside dimensions: approx. 21.5" x 18.5"
- Wooden Larson Juhl designer frame
- Crescent conservation grade matboard
- Float mount on background (3D effect)
- AR99 Artglass (non-reflective, 99% UV-protection)